There are numerous ways to support FirstGEN Fellows. To learn more please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opportunities include volunteering as a:
- FirstGEN University Ambassador (August -December) Do you have a great relationship with your undergrad institution? Become an ambassador by helping us with prospective fellow outreach and recruitment.
- FirstGEN Champ (June through first week of August) Have coffee/calls with an assigned Fellow two to four times throughout the ten week fellowship program, help facilitate informational interviews (e-intros), invite Fellow to events and forward information on events, jobs, relationship building opportunities.
- FirstGEN Lookout (June through first week of August) Have coffee or a call with an assigned Fellow once during the summer. Remain in contact via email, forwarding information on events, jobs, relationship building opportunities.
- FirstGEN Writing Coach (June through first week of August) Have a call with an assigned Fellow, review anywhere from one to three summer writing assignments, provide feedback.
Other opportunities include:
- Becoming a guest speaker, connecting us with a non-profit organization to explore possible partnership opportunities and financially sponsoring a fellow or the program. To learn more please contact us.